- Your contributions are pre-tax or tax-deductible
- Your earnings grow faster because they grow tax-free
- Your withdrawals are tax-free as long as you use them for eligible medical expenses
- You can use your savings for retirement, but will pay income taxes and a penalty if you withdraw money for non-medical expenses before age 65
- Unlike traditional IRAs, there’s no required minimum distribution at age 70½
- Remember: You need to have a High Deductible Insurance Plan to open an HSA
Choose free savings for no-fee, easy access to your cash.
Enjoy plenty of free with Carefree CheckingSM.