As the leading online estate planning platform in the U.S., Trust & Will is on a mission to help families secure their legacies. By setting out to simplify the process, they make it easy and affordable to prepare for the unexpected.
What does an estate plan cover? From cash and clothes to land and investments, an estate plan helps you determine what happens to your assets when you pass or are unable to manage them on your own. We may not like to think about these events, but it’s important to plan ahead and cover who and what you care about.
Although similar in many ways, wills and trusts have unique features and benefits. A will, for example, is a legal document that lets you express your final wishes and how you’d like your property and assets to be distributed. A trust serves a similar function, but takes effect immediately upon signing and funding it. There’s much more to each option, including:
- Allow you to choose a guardian for kids and pets
- Help determine where your assets will go
- Confirm any and all final arrangements
- Give you more control over when and how your assets are distributed
- Address any and all assets being held inside the trust
- Minimize future expenses and avoid probate